Just back from Amplify 2015, we wanted to take a moment to share some of the incredible workplace insights that came out of this event.
First, what is Amplify?
The Amplify Summit, hosted by Steelcase and T3 Advisors, is the premier event for technology leaders to collaborate on the development of high performance workplaces. Working together in an interactive environment, these leaders explore questions like:
- How can I scale my workplace to meet growth needs?
- How do I create a space that drives employee collaboration and accommodates the ways in which team members need to work throughout the day?
Overall, the Amplify Summit provides these executives with a unique opportunity to think solely about their work environments, how they can leverage the workplace in recruiting efforts and look at how it all fits together with their company culture.
4 Key Workplace Insights from Amplify 2015
- There is great consistency between the workplace priorities of technology companies on both the East and West Coasts. This hasn’t always been the case so it was great to see that many more companies are clearly seeing the importance of space.
- We had awesome discussions about the desire to maintain key aspects of the startup culture as companies quickly grow. How can you leverage your space in a way that early employees can embrace?
- There is a big push to design urban campuses. Regardless of whether tech companies are located in Palo Alto, San Francisco or Boston, there’s clearly a massive flight to urbanization that is changing the way that companies have to think about their space.
- And last, but certainly not least, tying your brand to your workplace is a top priority. The realization that your space tells a story to your employees, customers, prospects and investors is an important consideration when designing and funding projects.
And if the great discussions weren’t enough, there was always the cool cooking competition and private jet…did I mention the great food?